01 Mar Diaphragmatic breathing improves the body’s energy flow
Diaphragmatic breathing has a ton of benefits. It’s a fundamental part of meditation practice, which helps manage the symptoms of conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
One of the biggest benefits of diaphragmatic breathing is reducing stress. One 20-minute session in the middle of the day and one at night in bed significantly improves the flow of energy in the physical body. With perseverance, the body will readopt this breathing method permanently in a few weeks.
Here are more benefits:
- It helps relax, lowering the harmful effects of the stress hormone cortisol on your body.
- It lowers your heart rate.
- It helps lower your blood pressure.
- It helps you cope with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms and anxiety.
- It improves your core muscle stability.
- It lowers your chances of injuring or wearing out your muscles.
- It slows your rate of breathing so that it expends less energy.
You might also be interested in: